Sign up for our FREE 14 day courtesy package!We know many small landlords can fill their vacancies fast - why pay for a month when you only need 2 weeks? We're offering a no-fee 14 day, 1 suite package. No gimmicks.
Check out the available packages and register now!
Are you a small landlord who rents out a few apartment units or part of your home?
For landlords like you, finding the right tenant and protecting your security are critical. Unlike the big players, you don’t have the luxury of legal teams, superintendents and extensive financial resources to deal with challenging tenant issues. Renting made easy provides premier tools for small landlords to help you find the right tenant the first time.
just got a lot easier
We know how frustrating and upsetting difficult tenant situations can be. We faced them ourselves and devised this system for our own use to ensure we found great a tenant. We offer this system to other small landlords because we want to save others from a bad tenant experience.
Click on the following images to see what is possible:
- Set yourself apart from the competition
- Offer pages of information and lots of images to attract more applications.
- Avoid phone calls at inconvenient times and respond to requests when you want to.
- A great tenant is looking for a great landlord, a website lets apartment hunters know you are professional and committed.
- Bad tenants avoid landlords who know what they’re doing. With a website and our resources for small landlords you can present yourself as the kind of landlord bad tenants want to avoid.
Online apartment ads have become the preferred marketing tool for most landlords. Sites like Craigslist, Kijiji, and online newspapers are full of hundreds if not thousands of apartment ads and all the ads look pretty much the same. How do you stand out in order to attract attention? These sites also restrict how much text you can include and how many pictures you can upload. And, in order for potential tenants to contact you, you need to provide personal contact information such as a phone number or e-mail address which may not be desirable for people who are taking the risk to rent out a part of their home.
We’ve had our own bad experience and have heard countless horror stories from small landlords who meant well but ended up in serious trouble. We strongly encourage you to take a little extra time to carefully market to and select a tenant through a rigorous screening process. A few extra hours of work are worth the reward of having a hassle-free tenant for a year or more.
Your website will provide details about the apartment and neighbourhood to help potential applicants decide if your apartment is right for them. If they like what they see, they will be required to submit a form designed by you in order to contact you. You’ll receive their contact details and answers in your e-mail inbox where you can decide if the person is a good fit with your apartment. Your e-mail address and any other contact details will never be visible to anyone visiting your website.
- Provide detailed information about your unit and the neighbourhood so most or all of your applicants questions are answered without you having to say a word
- Ensure the people you show your unit to are a good fit for both you and the unit you’re renting.
- Protect your privacy by keeping your personal contact information to yourself.
- Save time and hassle by not having to deal with phone calls.
- Obtain relevant and important information about potential applicants before you choose to contact them.
WE WANT TO HELP YOU AVOID
- Paying too much for tiny ads that don’t contain all the relevant information a great tenant wants to know
- Having to answer lots of questions by phone or e-mail at inconvenient times
- Wasting your time showing your unit to people who aren’t really that interested or are looking for something different.
- Risking your security by providing your phone number or e-mail address to strangers
- Dealing with a tenant who doesn’t pay rent
- Dealing with a destructive tenant who costs you more in repairs than you’re earning
- Feeling at risk because your tenant is conducting illegal activity in your own home
WHAT ARE THE STEPS?
- Sign up for a free account.
This account will allow you to access our database of tools and tips for small landlords in Ontario. You can store your favourite information in your profile and add your own notes, links and tips to keep all of the relevant landlord information in one, easy to access location. You’ll also receive our newsletter which we send out a couple of times per year with important information affecting landlords in Ontario.
- Choose a template for your website
- Type in the text you want to highlight the features of your aparment
We'll provide tips and ideas on what to write so that your website appears professional and complete.
- Upload your photos
Show viewers what the aparment and neighbourhood looks like. The more pictures the easier it is for a potential tenant to discover if your aparment is right for them before you make an appointment to show it.
- Purchase a package
We offer affordable rates and different options for all types of small landlords
- Add your unique website address to all of your marketing
Regardless of where you decide to advertise your apartment you can include your new website address in your ad to direct people to your site. Once on your site a potential tenant must fill out a form to contact you.
- Check your e-mail
You'll receive an e-mail with details about each applicant as soon as they submit it through your website. You can then get in touch with an applicant when it’s convenient for you.
- When the apartment is rented just hit the "Unpublish" button on your profile page
The website will no longer be visible to anyone and you will no longer receive e-mails from applicants. The website will still be available to you if you need to rent the apartment again in the future.